Sunday, March 28, 2021

Vegan Chipotle Mayo

 



Vegan Chipotle Mayo ingredients and instructions 

1 cup raw cashew, soaked or boiled
1/2 cup water
4 tbsp lime juice
1 clove garlic (I minced mine)
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 1 1/2 tbspof the adobo sauce from the can
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 smoked paprika, option for extra smoky flavor. I used.
3/4 tsp salt


To prepare cashews, you can either soak them i cold water overnight, or for at least 2 hours, or boil them for 5 to 20 minutes.

Blend all of the ingredients until very smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings.

I doubled the recipe, except for the chipotle peppers. Though I did add a smidge more of the sauce from the can. I added a bit of water as needed. I used a food processor and blended quite a bit of time. The longer I ran the processor and with the extra liquid, the creamier it got.



No comments:

Post a Comment