Thursday, January 23, 2020

Vegetable Soup (Stove top)



















Vegetable Soup ingredients and instructions
I made this on 01/23/2020. This is very adaptable.
6 clove garlic chopped
1 white onion chopped
4 carrots peeled and chopped
3 stalks celery chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
A little bit of green pepper I already had sliced
A cup of cabbage shredded. I had red on hand
3 small potatoes peeled and chopped which was all I had on hand
1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
1 tomato
6 ounces tomato paste
1/4 cup salsa
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
8 ounces mushrooms sliced
3 4 cup boxes of veggie broth plus more (or water) if needed
**Note - wish I had had a can of tomatoes. I love Rotel but the hubby does not.

I sauted onion and garlic in cooking spray in the soup pot. Add veggie broth. Scrape bottom if needed. Add all ingredients and seasonings. Cook half hour to an hour depending on desired doneness of veggies. Season to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment